Saga Holidays and Saga Cruises
Saga has over 60 years of experience in creating holidays for the over-50’s, and their holidays are now available through travel agents. They offer a great variety of holiday possibilities, so take a look at the information shown below, and then call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850.
- VIP door-to-door travel is included by Saga on all their long-haul holidays, and a chauffeur service is included on Saga cruises departing from Dover, Southampton or Portsmouth.
- 97% of Sage travellers have given a rating of ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ in feedback questionnaires at the end of their holiday
- Comprehensive insurance, as well as additional cancellation cover is included in the price of the holiday. If you have your own cover, you can opt out of the Saga insurance and receive a price reduction
- The Saga Early Bird Price Promise means that if they reduce their prices they will pass the savings back to you
- Solo travellers benefit from plenty of choice and many holidays with no supplements
- So much is included in the price of a Saga holiday, so they offer exceptional value
- Any required visas are provided for British Citizens resident in the UK
The Saga Sapphire and the Saga Pearl II each carry a maximum of 720 passengers, and can visit smaller lesser known ports. Itineraries include ’Cape Verde & African Shores’, ‘Springtime in the Canaries’, ‘Summer in the Fjords’, ‘Celtic Charms’, ‘Baltic Gems’, ‘Canada in the Fall’, ‘Christmas in the Caribbean’, ‘Searching for the Northern Lights’, ‘Britain & Ireland Explorer’, ‘Continental Christmas Markets’, ‘South American Discovery’ and many more.
The price you pay for a cruise on Saga Sapphire and the Saga Pearl II, includes onboard gratuities, free Wi-Fi and 24 hour room service. Exclusively for the over-50’s, Saga cruises give you fine dining, with the comforts of a luxury hotel, in a child-free environment. You will receive a chauffeur service up to 250 miles in each direction to Dover, Portsmouth or Southampton, or you can choose rail or coach travel, or parking at the port (please check with me for terms and conditions). On selected cruises a drinks package is also included.
Click on the following link to watch my video of Saga Sapphire
There is a comprehensive selection of popular itineraries available, including ‘Romantic Rhineland’, ‘Bavaria & The Alsace’, ‘A Danube Sojourn’, ‘Vienna and the Blue Danube’, ‘Grand European Voyage’, ‘A Journey Through Provence’, ‘Douro Discovery’, ‘Moscow to St Petersburg’ and many more. The ships are chosen for their high level of comfort, standard of service and facilities. There are three ships which are reserved exclusively for Saga guests; the Rex Rheni, Regina II and Filia Rheni II, and most cruises on these ships include wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner. Wine with dinner is included on Amadeus ships.
Return rail or coach travel is included within the UK to the departure point, and a no-fly option is offered on many itineraries, with travel by coach and Eurotunnel. There are hundreds of single cabins are available at no extra cost.
Europe & the Mediterranean Holidays
These holidays can be categorised as ‘Stay & Relax’, ‘Stay & Relax Premium’, ‘Stay & Explore’, and ‘Escorted Tours’. For the escorted tours Saga is working with some other cruise lines, and these holidays are split into ‘Escorted Cruise’, ‘Escorted Cruise & Tour’ and ‘Escorted Cruise & Stay’.
Countries visited include Spain, Balearics, Canary Islands, Portugal, Madeira, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, France, Switzerland, Scandinavia, Russia, Italy, Malta, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia. Many of the hotels used are on an All Inclusive basis. Saga offer flights from 19 UK airports, but these do vary depending on the destination.
Travellers World Long Haul Destinations
These long haul holidays fall into the same categories as the Europe & Mediterranean above, with the added option of Small Group Holidays on some departures. You will benefit from the chauffeur service from home to the airport and back, or parking at the airport if you prefer. The destinations visited include: –
- The Caribbean and Latin America, including St Lucia, Barbados, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Bermuda and Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru, Argentina, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
- USA and Canada, including the Rocky Mountaineer, New England, New Orleans & Memphis, the National Parks, San Francisco and Las Vegas
- Africa & the Indian Ocean, including South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Namibia, Gambia, Madagascar and the Seychelles
- Far East & Australasia, including New Zealand, Australia, Japan, China, Borneo, Burma, Vietnam and Cambodia
- Indian Subcontinent, including India, Kashmir, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka
For more information on any Saga holidays, call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850