Riviera Travel escorted tour and stay on Star Clipper for 9 nights from Athens to Istanbul.
- Day 1 – Fly to Athens and transfer to the four star Metropolitan Hotel for one night
- Day 2 – In the morning you have a walking tour of Athens, visiting the Acropolis and the Parthenon, and strolling through the Agora and the old district of Plaka. After some free time for lunch and shopping, you will be taken to Piraeus where you will board the Star Clipper
- Day 3 – Sail through the azure Aegean before arriving at Monemvasia. You will have plenty of time to explore on your own, and perhaps sip a drink in one of the many tavernas. You will then set sail around sunset that evening
- Day 4 – Make sure you are up on deck as you sail into Santorini, as it is an amazing sight. There is an included trip which will take you to the highest point on the island, as well as some of the island’s small villages, and there will be free time in the cliff top village of Oia
- Day 5 – The ship will anchor in Patmos, which is one of the smaller islands in the Dodecanese. An included tour will depart from Skala for the Grotto of the Apocalypse, and you will also visit the three hundred year old mansion owned by the Simandiris family. You then have the rest of the day free, before setting sail late afternoon
- Day 6 – You visit the island of Chios, and an included tour will take you through the Kambos area and you will visit the villages of Pyrgi and Mesta. The ship will set sail at dinner time
- Day 7 – Star Clipper visits the small port of Dikili on Turkey’s Aegean coastline, and your included tour will take you to the ancient Hellenistic city of Pergamon. You will also see the remains of the Temple of Trajan, the altar of Zeus, before returning to the ship for setting sail again
- Day 8 – You will anchor at Canakkale and take an included tour of Troy, of ‘Wooden Horse’ fame, before setting sail again in the afternoon
- Day 9 – After disembarking you will be taken on a tour of Istanbul, which will include the famous Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia, and the Topkapi Palace. You will then check into the four star Crown Plaza Old City Hotel, or you can upgrade to the five star Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel with rooms overlooking the Bosphorus
- Day 10 – You will be transferred to the airport for your flight home, full of amazing memories of a wonderful holiday
For 2014 this tour will depart the UK on 29th August, returning on 7th September, with prices starting at just £2,399 per person, based on two sharing. The price you pay includes return flights from Gatwick or Heathrow, although regional airports could be available for a supplement, resort transfers, 2 nights hotel on a B&B basis, 7 nights cruise on a full board basis (lunch excluded while on excursions), port taxes, excursions detailed above, and the services of an experienced tour manager.
To get more information, or to book your place on this amazing holiday, contact GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850. For more details about life on board Star Clipper click on the link for Star Clippers.
(details correct at time of posting)