AmaWaterways is a family run business, and was established in 2002 when it was originally called Amadeus Waterways. They operate a fleet of modern river cruise ships, and when you cruise with AmaWaterways you will be surprised at what is included within the price.
- All staterooms have a river view, with many of them having a French Balcony.
- All staterooms have a state of the art infotainment system, which features complimentary high speed internet access, movies, music and English language television stations (Europe only)
- A series of escorted excursions are included, and you have a personal headset to ensure that you don’t miss anything that the tour guide says.
- Gourmet dining, with all meals onboard included in the price, and a speciality coffee and tea station is available. Bottled water is provided in your stateroom and replenished daily
- You will be invited to a Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- A series of lectures, cookery demonstrations and local entertainment
- Complimentary flowing wine, beers and soft drinks with lunch and dinner (not beer in the Mekong)
- Complimentary local spirits and soft drinks during the day on the Mekong
- Bicycles to explore on your own, or with the guided bicycle tours (Europe only)
An AmaWaterways cruise can take you along many of the most beautiful rivers in the world, including the Rhine, Moselle, Saone, Rhone, Danube, Main, Main – Danube Canal, Douro, Ayeyarwady and the Mekong. The can also offer safari cruises on the Chobe River in Africa on the amazing Zambezi Queen.
AmaWaterways river cruises are generally sold on a ‘cruise only’ basis, but we can arrange for flights and transfers to be included. On some departures you have the option of using the Eurostar instead of flying
The modern fleet of ships consists of: –
Europe – AmaBella, AmaCello, AmaCerto, AmaDagio, AmaDante, AmaDolce, AmaKristina, AmaLegro, AmaLyra, AmaPrima, AmaReina, AmaSerena, AmaSonata, AmaStella, AmaVenita, AmaVerde, AmaVida and AmaViola
Vietnam & Cambodia – AmaDara
Myanmar (formerly Borneo) – AmaPura
Africa – Zambezi Queen
(Page updated August 2016)