Avalon Waterways offers luxury river cruises in Europe, with a large fleet of modern ships offering larger than average staterooms, together with a high standard of service. They also offer worldwide destinations in some of the other ships available to them.
An Avalon Waterways river cruise includes so much within the price you pay, including: –
- Exclusive private door-to-door transfer service if you live within 100 miles of your chosen international airport or Eurostar station
- Flights from Heathrow (regional airports often available for a surcharge), resort transfers and port charges
- Gratuities for the cruise director and crew
- Minimum size staterooms of 172 sq ft, 15% larger than the industry standard
- Full board with complimentary wine, beers or soft drinks with dinner
- Complimentary soft drinks with lunch
- Complimentary coffees and teas all day at the self service beverage station
- Open seating for all meals
- Onboard lectures, activities and evening piano music
- Sightseeing with local guides, with individual audio systems
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
In June 2015 I spent 4 nights onboard the beautiful Avalon Tapestry II as she cruised on the River Seine from Paris to Rouen. You can click on the following links to read my review and watch my video and look at my photos.
Take your pick of the following European rivers when choosing your Avalon Waterways cruise – Rhine, Moselle, Main, Danube, Rhone and Seine. Other countries across the world available to cruise with Avalon include Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Peru, Ecuador and even the Galapagos Islands, so why not cruise the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Yangtze or Amazon.
The European fleet consists of the following ships: –
- Avalon Impression, Avalon Illumination & Avalon Expression – 16 deluxe staterooms, 63 Panorama Suites & 2 Royal Suites, with a crew of 47
- Avalon Tapestry II, Avalon Tranquility II, Avalon Poetry II, Avalon Artistry II & Avalon Visionary – 12 deluxe staterooms, 50 Panorama Suites & 2 Royal Suites, with a crew of 35
- Avalon Vista & Avalon Panorama – 16 deluxe staterooms, 65 Panorama Suites & 2 Royal Suites, with a crew of 47
- Avalon Luminary, Avalon Felicity & Avalon Affinity – 65 staterooms & 4 Avalon Suites, with a crew of 39
- Avalon Scenery & Avalon Creativity – 67 staterooms & 2 Avalon Suites, with a crew of 39
Ships used on other rivers of the world include Avalon Siem Reap, Avalon Angkor, Avalon Myanmar, Century Legend, Century Paragon, Isabella II and Aria
(Page updated October 2016)