Fred. Olsen River Cruises
After many years of successfully operating ocean cruises, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines now offers European River Cruising. Their river boat, the Brabant, will be cruising the Dutch Waterways, Rhine, Main, Danube and Moselle rivers. For more information, or to book your next river cruise on Brabant, call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850.
The Brabant, most recently named Amadeus Princess, was built in 2006 and, at 110 metres in length, will carry fewer than 160 passengers, looked after by 40 members of crew. You will experience the same intimate and friendly feel that is enjoyed on the ocean ships, with English spoken throughout, and the onboard currency will be sterling. There are 2 suites on Mozart deck, which are 236 sq ft and have a French Balcony. All the other cabins on Mozart deck and Strauss deck are 161 sq ft and also have a French balcony. The cabins on Haydn deck are 161 sq ft, but have fixed windows. All are equipped with flat screen television, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, ample storage, and the choice of double or twin beds. The ensuite bathrooms have a shower in the cabins, and a bathtub in the suites. Deck plans are shown further down the page.
Facilities onboard include a small fun pool, giant Chess Board and Shuffleboard on the Sun Deck. There is a fitness room, hair salon, Vital Club, massage room, small gift shop, restaurant, and the Panorama bar and lounge. Please note that although there is a lift onboard, it doesn’t go up to the sun deck. There may also be occasions when Brabant might be moored alongside other ships, and going ashore can mean passing through or over them. Also note that these cruises aren’t suitable for anyone aged less than 12 years old.
The following will all be Included in the price of your Fred. Olsen river cruise: –
- Return flights from the UK
- Resort transfers between the airport and Brabant
- Full board accommodation onboard the Brabant
- Afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes
- Entertainment and activities onboard Brabant
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Use of the fitness room and wellness tub
Departure from a regional airport may be available for a supplement, so please ask when booking. Alternatively you could book ‘cruise only’, and make you own way to join the ship, perhaps by train or even a leisurely drive through Europe.
The following items are available onboard at extra cost – drinks, shore excursions, hairdressing, health & beauty treatments, personal laundry & dry cleaning, and items from the shop. Gratuities are at your discretion, but the suggested amount is £8 per passenger per day.
Departures in 2018 and 2019 run from April through to October, with most itineraries being 7 nights long, although there are a few 5, 8, 9 and 10 night itineraries. For those people that like a longer cruise, and wish to travel a bit further afield, there are a few combination itineraries of 23 or 25 nights. High quality shore excursions will be available to purchase, to enhance your experience of the destinations. The itineraries available are listed below, and you can get specific dates and prices from GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850.
- Springtime Dutch Discovery for 5 nights – Amsterdam (overnight), Hoorn, Kampen, Deventer, Arnhem Nijmegen, Dusseldorf
- Delights of Holland in Bloom for 5 nights – Dusseldorf, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Dordrecht, Willemstad, Rotterdam, Kinderdijk, Schoonhoven, Amsterdam
- Cruising the Rhine, Main & Moselle for 7 nights – Dusseldorf, Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Passage Lorelei, Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg
- Europe’s Scenic Rivers for 23 nights – Dusseldorf, Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Passage Lorelei, Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Linz, Emmersdorf / Melk, Dürnstein, Nussdorf (for Vienna), Bratislava, Budapest (2 nights), Kalocsa, Belgrade, cruise through the Iron Gates, Vidin, Ruse, scenic cruising, St Gheorghe, Hirsova
- Cities of the Beautiful Danube for 7 nights – Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Linz, Emmersdorf / Melk, Dürnstein, Nussdorf (for Vienna), Bratislava, Budapest (overnight)
- Eastern European Danube Discovery for 9 nights – Budapest (overnight), Kalocsa, Belgrade, cruise through the Iron Gates, Vidin, Rousse, scenic cruising, St Gheorghe, Hirsova
- Sailing the Danube for 10 nights – Hirsova, St Gheorghe, scenic cruising, Ruse, Vidin, Iron Gates, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kalocsa, Budapest (overnight)
- German Jewels & Cities of the East for 25 nights – Hirsova, St Gheorghe, scenic cruising, Ruse, Vidin, cruise through the Iron Gates, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Kalocsa, Budapest (2 nights), Bratislava, Nussdorf (for Vienna), Dürnstein, Emmersdorf / Melk, Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg (overnight), Bamberg, Wurzburg, Miltenberg, Passage Lorelei, Koblenz, Cochem, Cologne, Dusseldorf
- River Danube & City Discovery for 8 nights – Budapest (overnight), Bratislava, Nussdorf (for Vienna), Dürnstein, Emmersdorf / Melk, Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg (overnight)
- Valleys & Mountains of Germany for 7 nights – Nuremberg, Bamberg, Wurzburg, Miltenberg, Passage Lorelei, Koblenz, Cochem, Cologne, Dusseldorf
- Cruising the Rhine, Main & Moselle for 7 nights – Dusseldorf, Cologne,Koblenz, Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Bamberg and Nuremberg
- Exploring the Scenic Moselle Valley for 7 nights – Dusseldorf, Cologne, Remagen, Bernkastel-Kues, Cochem, Koblenz, Speyer, Strasbourg, Basel
- Scenic Delights of the Moselle Valley for 7 nights – Basel, Strasbourg, Speyer, Mannheim, Oberwesel, Koblenz, Bernkastel-Kues, Cochem, Cologne, Dusseldorf
- Scenic Gems of the German Landscape for 7 nights – Dusseldorf, Cologne, Konigswinter, Cochem, Koblenz (overnight), Speyer, Strasbourg, Breisach, Basel
- Romantic Rhine & Moselle Marvels for 7 nights – Basel (overnight), Breisach, Strasbourg, Speyer, Mannheim, Rüdesheim, Braubach, Koblenz, Cochem, Cologne, Dusseldorf
As with their ocean cruises, these river cruises come with the ‘Fred. Olsen Enjoyment Promise’. Providing you have booked at least 12 weeks in advance, for a cruise of at least 5 nights, if you find within the first 24 hours that the river cruise isn’t for you, just go to Reception and let them know. They will arrange a flight home from the next port, and will refund the ‘cruise only’ cost. Please ask me for full details of the Enjoyment Promise.
To book your Fred. Olsen River Cruise, or for more details, call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850
(page amended September 2018)
R1801 R1802 R1803 R1804 R1805 R1806 R1807 R1808 R1809 R1810 R1811 R1812 R1813 R1814 R1815 R1816 R1817 R1818 R1819 R1820 R1821 R1822 R1823 R1824 R1825 R1826 R1827 R1828 R1829 R1830 R180406 R180709 R182830 R1901 R1902 R1903 R190406 R1904 R1905 R1906 R1907 R190709 R1908 R1909 R1910 R1911 R1912 R1913 R1914 R1915 R1916 R1917 R1918 R1919 R1920 R192022 R1921 R1922 R1923 R192325 R1924 R1925 R1926 R192628 R1927 R1928