Silver Muse Review
Silver Muse, the newest ship in the Silversea fleet, entered service in April 2017 as the smallest ultra-luxury ship at sea, carrying just 596 guests and over 400 members of crew. She is an all-suite ship, the vast majority of which have a veranda, with butler service for every grade of suite. I was lucky enough to be invited to spend a night onboard in the Port of Southampton during September 2017, and was really impressed by the quality of everything onboard. Read my review, watch my video and look at my Silver Muse photos on Facebook, and then call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850 for more details, or to book your next cruise.
As soon as we were onboard we went to our suite, which was a Superior Veranda Suite. Despite the Veranda Suites being the smallest, it was still a massive 387 sq ft, with a large walk-in wardrobe, two 42” televisions, a full sized bath and a walk-in shower, and probably the best bed I have ever slept in.
Having taken video footage and photos in the suite, I headed for the top of the ship and then worked my way down, calling at all the public areas and a few other Suite categories, to get more photos and videos. I have to say that I was impressed with the quality of the fixtures and fittings all over the ship, and there was so much space. This is because many ships of this size would have a lot more passengers onboard.
Eventually I stopped to have a drink, and now have a new favourite cocktail, which is a White Nile Martini. It contains Amarula Cream liqueur, Cointreau and Crème de Cacao, and while one was enough for the afternoon, I did return during the evening.
Showered and changed into Black Tie, we went to see a short presentation hosted by Michael Beurk, during which it was announced that 2020 will see a sister ship for Silver Muse being launched, called the Silver Moon.
For tonight, dinner was the same menu for all, served in whichever restaurant we had been allocated. However, normally the menu would be different in each of the restaurants listed below. Having looked around them all during the afternoon, I liked the decor and general feel of Indochine most, but everyone will have their own favourite. I have to say that I was very impressed with Silver Muse, and hopefully it won’t be the last time I am onboard.
- Owner’s Suite – available as a one-bedroom at 947-1,055 sq ft (88-98 M2), including a veranda of 129 sq ft (12 M2), or a two-bedroom at 1,281-1,389 sq ft (119-129 M2), including a veranda of 129 sq ft (12 M2)
- Grand Suite on Deck 8 – available as a one-bedroom at 1,572 sq ft (146 M2), including a veranda of 570 sq ft (53 M2), or a two-bedroom at 1,970 sq ft (183 M2), including a veranda of 635 sq ft (59 M2)
- Grand Suite on Deck 9 – available as a one-bedroom at 1,475 sq ft (137 M2), including a veranda of 474 sq ft (44 M2), or a two-bedroom at 1,873 sq ft (174 M2), including a veranda of 538 sq ft (50 M2)
- Royal Suite – available as a one-bedroom at 1,130 sq ft (105 M2), including a veranda of 129 sq ft (12 M2), or a two-bedroom at 1,528 sq ft (142 M2), including a veranda of 194 sq ft (18 M2)
- Silver Suite – available as a one-bedroom at 786 sq ft (73 M2), including a veranda of 129 sq ft (12 M2), or a two-bedroom at 1,119 sq ft (104 M2), including a veranda of 129 sq ft (12 M2)
- Deluxe, Superior and Classic Veranda Suites – all measure 387 sq ft (36 M2), including a veranda of 63 sq ft (6 M2)
- Panorama Suite – one- bedroom at 334 sq ft (31 M2)
- Vista Suite – one-bedroom at 334 sq ft (31 M2), and also Vista Wheelchair Accessible at 440-646 sq ft (41-60 M2)
All suites benefit from a dedicated butler service, a fridge and bar set-up to your preferences, Bulgari ® bath amenities, with a choice of other brands, Pratesi ® fine bed linens, with down duvet covers, premium mattresses, a pillow menu, plush bathrobes and slippers, a supply of personalised stationery, an umbrella, and at least two flat screen televisions, ranging in size from 42” to 55”. Other benefits, too many to mention, get added as you move up through the suite grades.
There is an amazing choice of dining venues for such a small ship, offering different cuisines.
- Atlantide – Seafood dishes such as royal crab and blue lobster, and some amazing steaks
- Indochine – Asian Fusion, including dishes from India, Thailand and Vietnam
- Kaiseki – Japanese, including Teppanyaki, sushi and sashimi (a supplement applies)
- Silver Note – International, with small Tapas-style dishes, with jazz and blues entertainment
- La Dame – French with a bespoke Relais & Châteaux ® menu (a supplement applies)
- La Terrazza – Breakfast and Lunch buffet with Al Fresco, and Italian a la carte in the evenings
- The Grill – Rotisserie and gourmet burger and salad bar by day, and Lava Stone cooking in the evening
- Spaccanapoli – Pizza made from authentic dough and fresh ingredients
- Observation Lounge – situated at the very top of the ship, great for relaxing and watching the world go by
- Connoisseur’s Corner – a luxurious indoor / outdoor venue for enjoying the finest drinks and cigars
- Zagara Beauty Spa – choose from a comprehensive range of beauty and aromatherapy treatments
- Arts Café – enjoy a drink as you admire the regularly changing exhibitions of artwork and sculptures
- Casino – If you like a flutter on American Roulette, Blackjack or Ocean Poker, or want to play the machines, this is the place for you
- Dolce Vita – relax with a drink, and chat with friends old and new
- Venetian Lounge – enjoy theatre, music and film, from the comfortable cabaret style seating
- Pool Deck & Jacuzzi Area – swim, relax in a whirlpool or watch the world go by from the comfort of a sun lounger
- Panorama Lounge – meet friends for a chat during the day, listen to a pianist in the evening, or join the late night DJ
- Fitness Centre – make use of state of the art Technogym ® equipment, or book a personal trainer for a session
- Winter 2017/18 – Silver Muse will be cruising in North America, South America and the Caribbean
- Summer 2018 – Silver Muse will be cruising all around Europe, including the British Isles
- Winter 2018/19 – Silver Muse will be cruising in the Far East, Australia and New Zealand
For more information, or to book your next cruise, contact GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850