Tauck Luxury Worldwide Journeys & Cruises
Tauck is a successful family owned travel company, which was formed in 1925 and is now being run by the third generation of the family. They offer a selection of luxury worldwide journeys, as well as European river cruising and small ship ocean cruising. The people at Tauck strive to make every one of their holidays as good as they can possibly be, and a number of things they say really do sum up their philosophy.
- How you see the world matters
- Never settle for ordinary
- Travel in good company
- Get what you pay for… and then some
- Leave your worries at home
- Be true to your roots
Tauck spend up to two years putting each tour or holiday together as they want to be sure it is the best they can offer. This means using top quality hotels, and offering extras within the holiday which you don’t get with other companies. Their holidays fall into six main categories, which are listed below with just a few examples for each. Take a look and then contact your Tauck Academy Certified Agent GoCruise with Ian, on 01455821770 or 08002922850 for further details.
Tauck World Discovery
- America’s Canyonlands – including stays at inside-the-park accommodations in Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Dayton Duncan. A Lake Powell dinner cruise, flightseeing over Rainbow Bridge, a Colorado River float trip, and an expert’s presentation on the geology of the Grand Canyon
- Grand Canadian Rockies – including accommodation at four Fairmont hotels & resorts, a flightseeing excursion non a floatplane over the Gulf Islands from Victoria to Vancouver, an overnight rail journey from Vancouver to the Rocky Mountains, with reserved seats in the Panorama Dome car, an Ice Age adventure at Athabasca Glacier, and a day of outdoor summer adventures at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- New York City & the Hudson Valley – including meeting a sustainable farming expert at the renowned Gigi Market, a private Hudson cruise from Cold Spring to West Point, for a guided tour of the U.S. Military Academy, stays on Lake Placid, Lake George & Lake Mohonk, and ski jumping thrills at the Lake Placid Olympic Training Centre
- Dubai & the Arabian Peninsula – including premier hotel stays in Doha, Muscat, Abu Dhabi & Dubai, a private tour of the Al Shaqab Equestrian Centre where you will learn about Arabian horses, a private dhow boat trip, a private dinner in the Bait Adam Museum with an Omani family, and a 40 minute seaplane tour of the Dubai skyline and Palm & World islands
- Classic Italy – including a drive along the spectacular Amalfi Coast, an after hours guided visit to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with the crowds, wine tasting in vineyards in Umbria, where you will discover the secrets of Italian cooking from a chef, a briefing by a Florentine art historian, and a be serenaded aboard a gondola in Venice
Tauck Small Ship Cruising
Offering cruises on small ships, including Le Boreal, Le Lyrial, Le Ponant and Wind Star, Tauck are able to take you to destinations which many of the large cruise liners just cannot get to, for example: –
- Venice & the Dalmatian Coast – start with a couple of nights at the Hotel Danieli before boarding your ship. Your cruise will then take you to Sibenik, Split, Korcula, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Hvar, Pula and Rovinj and back to Venice. Highlights of the holiday include sightseeing trips to six UNESCO WOrld Heritage Sites, bar and restaurant beverages while onboard ship, visits to the Krba National Park, a private Moreska sword dancing performance, and a concert by a Croatian a capella group
- Treasures of the Mediterranean – spend two nights at the Fairmont Monte Carlo before boarding Le Ponant for your cruise to Portoferraio, Bonifacio, Ponza, Ravello, Lipari, Stromboli, Sicily and Malta. Your holiday will include bar and restaurant beverages while on the ship, all gratuities to your Tauck Director, ship staff and local guides, a night time sailing by the volcanic island of Stromboli, and a full programme of excursions
- Other destinations include the Panama Canal, Antarctica, Japan, Australia, Iceland, Russia and the Galapagos
Tauck European River Cruising
Tauck offers a selection of luxury river cruises in Europe on their fleet of 9 ships. You can see more details if you visit my Tauck European River Cruising Page, or you can read my review of the ms Savor. My video is shown below.
These specific departure holidays are focused on families, and are ideal for bridging the generations, so that kids, parents and grandparents can discover the world together. Everything is planned with families in mind, so the excursions are split between adults and children, but the whole family do them together. The hotels are chosen specifically to ensure that they have the right facilities for everyone, and the destinations are going to give everyone memories to last a lifetime.
The holidays available include Safari trips in Africa, river cruises in Europe, the wildlife in the Galapagos, the jungles and rain forest in Costa Rica, Alaska, the Canyons of America, and much more.
With group sizes averaging just 20 guests, you can immerse yourself in new places, and indulge your curiosity. These tours are offered in the USA, Latin America and Europe, and you could be cooking with a chef in Italy, enjoying a behind the scenes tour at the Spanish Riding School, hiking in a cloud forest in Costa Rica, or perhaps enjoying a snowshoe trek when you visit Yellowstone in the winter.
Tauck Events are one-of-a-kind experiences, with single departures, and you spend the whole holiday in one destination. However, once there you will experience some amazing times, with the holiday built around one theme. Examples of these trips include: –
- The Tauck Rio Event featuring the Rio Carnival in February 2015
- The Tauck Jazz Event with Ken Burns in March 2015
- Run for the Roses: The Kentucky Derby Event in April / May 2015
- The Tauck New York Event with Ken Burns in October 2015
- The Tauck Vienna Event over the New Year 2015 / 2016