December 2018 was the 10th anniversary of the purchase of our GoCruise Franchise, and what an amazing 10 years it has been. It has allowed me to mix business and pleasure, by combining my love of cruising and working for myself from home. I first went to sea aged just 16, when I worked on Union Castle Line’s Pendennis Castle, and the love of the sea never left me. Our first cruise as passengers was in 1997, and we haven’t looked back since.
The travel industry has been amazing to be part of, and I am still surprised at the number of lovely people I have met and remain friends with. Not just colleagues at GoCruise, but also people working for the cruise lines, as well as a great number of my regular customers.
As well as cruising for our own holidays, I am also extremely lucky to get invited to spend a couple of nights or so onboard ships, so that I can tell my customers about the experience. For the last 7 years, I have made a point of producing videos of the ships, to help me show just how the different cruise ships can vary. Listed below are just some of the highlights from those 10 years.
- Attended many Cruise Conferences and undertaken numerous online training courses
- Taken our stand to more than 100 shows, fairs and presentations
- Awarded the Homeworker of the Year award at the ACE Cruise Excellence Awards in 2012
- Enjoyed 23 ocean cruises on ships from 12 cruise lines
- Visited another 55 ocean ships, from 21 cruise lines, at ports around the world
- Enjoyed 14 river cruises on ships from 10 cruise lines
- Visited another 20 river ships, from 11 cruise lines, at ports around the world
- Produced more than 135 videos, with over 585,000 views on my YouTube channel
- Presented with the CLIA Cruise Master Award at the Agent Achievement Awards in 2018
I firmly believe that there is a cruise for everyone, but not every ship would necessarily suit every person. The more ships I visit or cruise on, the more knowledge I gain, making it easier for me to ensure that I book my customers on the right ship for them.
There are no plans to slow down for a while yet, and I already have some cruises booked for 2019, so there will be plenty more videos to produce. So if you are considering a cruise, either for the first time, or you want to try a different cruise line, contact me and I will do my best to help you choose the right ship. Call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850.