A multi-million pound refurbishment of Ventura by P&O Cruises has now been completed, bringing new experiences to this popular ship. Some of the concepts which have proved successful on Azura have been added to Ventura, and the video below shows the changes which have been made, including the following: –
- Las Ramblas bar and restaurant on deck 7 has been replaced with The Glasshouse, which includes a selection of small and large dishes available at lunch or dinner, for an additional charge. An ergonomic wine system has been introduced, which means that passengers can buy premium wines, selected by Olly Smith, by the glass. A similar system has also been introduced in Waterside, the buffet restaurant
- Michelin-star chef Atul Kochhar has designed a new menu which is being featured in East, and it combines Thai and Indonesian cuisines, with Malaysian and Vietnamese influences
- The Retreat is an open-air spa terrace, complete with a pool and sun loungers, has be installed on deck 16 forward. Full day passes can be purchased for a small cover charge
- A section of 18 single cabins has been introduced centrally on deck 6, with 12 of them being outside and 6 inside. This reflects the increase in the number of people choosing to cruise on their own
- A new dance floor has been added to the atrium, where it will be possible to have dance lessons, and there will also be a band playing there in the evenings
- As the ship is now fully wi-fi enabled, the Cyberstudy has been converted into a new library, but will still contain some fixed PC’s. A new perfumery has been installed in the site of the old library
To book your next cruise, or for more information, contact GoCruise with Ian on 08002922850 or 01455821770.