Spectacular South Africa is just one from a great selection of escorted tours around the world offered by Collette. I give full details of the tour below, together with a couple of my own videos from my holiday in Cape Town in 2016. Then to book your next holiday, or to get further information, call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850.
- Day 1 – your tour starts in Sandton, South Africa
- Day 2 – you will visit the Apartheid Museum, take a tour of Soweto (South West Township), and join locals for lunch at a Shebeen. Spend some time at Lilliesleaf in the afternoon, and then enjoy a welcome dinner in the evening
- Day 3 – travel through the Northern Drakensberg Mountain Range, on the way to Kruger National Park, Enjoy a traditional BOMA dinner under the stars, and perhaps sample some of the local game meat
- Day 4 – go in search of the “Big Five” (elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard and rhino) on a full day open-air-vehicle safari drive. Keep an eye out and you might also see giraffe, zebra and Impala
- Day 5 – travel to Johannesburg for your internal flight to George, and then travel to Knysna in the Garden Route
- Day 6 – visit the nearby Featherbed Nature Reserve, and enjoy a lagoon cruise and a 4×4 vehicle drive. Then after lunch visit Plettenberg Bay, before returning to Knysna
- Day 7 – enjoy a township tour, before heading to Oudtshoorn to visit an ostrich farm, followed by an outdoor barbecue lunch, and then have some leisure time back in Knysna
- Day 8 – visit the Aloe Ferox region, before heading on to Cape Town
- Day 9 – enjoy a panoramic tour of the city, before taking the cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain (see my video below). Then return to the city through the Malay Quarter, stopping at the Milnerton Lighthouse
- Day 10 – visit the beautiful winelands region of Franschhoek, where you will sample some of the local wines, and enjoy lunch in a vineyard
- Day 11 – enjoy a coastal drive to Cape Point, stopping for a visit to Boulder Beach to see the penguins (see my video below). In the evening, you will have a lesson on the djembe drums and enjoy a communal African dining event
- Day 12 – your tour ends in Cape Town
This 12 day (11 night) escorted tour is available from January to November, and includes the following: –
- 21 meals (11 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners)
- All hotel accommodation
- Services of an experienced tour manager and local expert guides
- Luggage porterage throughout
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on tour
If you wish to add flights from the UK, you will also receive door-to-door transfers (up to 150 miles from the airport), and overseas airport transfers to your first hotel, and from your last hotel.
There is also a 14 day (13 night) version of this holiday, which is available in the months of May, June and July, which also spends 2 days in Swaziland. Please ask me for more details.